June 16, 2010

Anna Karenina Necklace - BAO Challenge




Bead Art Originals first ever Challenge was "A Novel Idea" - we had to create a work inspired by a written work or fiction. I chose Anna Karenina by Tolstoy and created this necklace for the challenge. I was inspired by a painting of Anna Karenina, wearing a heavy dress with high ruffled collar, which was very fashionable back at that time. I used plum purple beads and burgundy crystals and highlighted the necklace with gorgeous 3-cut rose gold seed beads. These 3-cut s/b really sparkle!

Please visit the BAO blog to see all other entries for our first challenge. You can leave a comment and place your vote until June 22. A random reader will be selected to win a prize.

You may also want to check out what some of BAO members created for the Color Inspiration - a color combination suggested by our blog readers - this time it was turquoise and brown.



The past week was crazy. Except these two BAO challenges, I also had to finish writing instructions for a necklace for B&B magazine, and another project for Beadwork magazine is still in the works. All these and the regular "challenges" of life, which makes me a crazy juggler... ;) The kids' vacation from school is only a few days away and I have to find a good way to keep them busy.. If they'll choose for themselves, spending long days on the computer and watching TV will be their favorite to pass the time, and I can't let it happen... Maybe we will do some beading together, or go biking again...we didn't do it for a long time. OK, now back to work!... ;)

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Smadar! The colors are so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sol and bellajoya! The plum seed beads and the burgundy crystals are even deeper and more beautiful in person, it's just that it's so hard to capture it in the photo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smadar you always amaze me! These colors are so vibrant. I can't wait for new B&B (even though I have to) and I have wish listed your tutorials with my family! Oh that necklace...... stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kristen! and thanks for putting my work in your wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice.I like it!!!!!!!!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work and that of the BAO team is wonderful! I was honored to have voted in your first challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so very much!
    Mary, I am honored to be one of BAO members - it's a great supportive group. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete