April 16, 2011

S for Small Serpents


"S for Small Serpents" Bracelet

Things don't always come easy... The initial idea for this design had popped in my mind a while ago, and I was sure I could easily stitch the bracelet as envisioned.

Well, as simple as it may have looked at first, it wasn't so. It took me quite a few trials before I have found the way to maintain the repetitive curving pattern the way I wanted it, and more time and trials to find the shortest thread path for stitching it.
Who said that designer's work is always fun?...I had the initial image of the bracelet stuck in mind all the time, and the more I tried and it didn't work, the more annoying the whole process became... It eventually came out a little different from how I envisioned it, but I had to either compromise on a few minor details, or give up on it all together.

But when the designing process was over and everything worked smoothly, I had much fun working on the bracelet. I was also pleased to realize that a few other possibilities for playing with the basic design were born thanks to the compromises I had to make. So I guess that sometimes being stubborn pays off... :)

"S for Small Serpents" Bracelet - Version 2
A tutorial is available (for the two versions shown)

.

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bracelet design was worth the effort. It is noble and extraordinary.
    With best wishes and greetings from Lower-Austria:
    Uli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design, great work!!!
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you are right sometimes the simplest of ideas turn out a bit more difficult. The results, however, are stunning
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Smadar! And your post is a lesson in the importance of sticking with an idea when you feel it's right. Thanks for sharing your process and your gorgeous result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..
    Great work and Fantastic design!! I love it! :-)
    Ciao
    Susy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That's all I can muster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! Worth whatever effort was required!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oho , so beautiful ! You' re a real artist.

    ReplyDelete